Wanton Destruction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanton Destruction

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Story of my life.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Coldharlot
Important Pony
Important Pony
Coldharlot

Story of my life. Empty
PostSubject: Story of my life.   Story of my life. I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 5:33 pm

The Tree and the Machine

There was a Tree. And stood the Tree at the bank of the meadow. Years were passing by, some trees grew, other died, but this Tree stood all the time. Observed the surroundings.
And one day strange creature came. It was shiny, glittering, silver-colored, and rather noisy. The tree looked upon the new visitor.
‘Who are you?’, asked Tree.
‘I am Machine’, answered Machine.
‘Machines…I have heard of you. You are opposite. You are my enemy’, said Tree, and slight wind moved his branches.
‘No. It is not me, that is your enemy’, replied Machine, smiling.
‘Then…Who is it?’
‘Man.’
‘Man?’, laughed Tree heartily. ’Man used to play between my branches, Man used to rest in my shadow, Man used then to praise me for what I am, what I represent, and for the fruits I give’
‘Oh, but that’s not the Man I am talking about’, the Machine smiled again.
‘Are you saying that there are different kind of Man?’
‘Yes’
‘But like what are they? Are you talking about evil Man? I saw him. Once or twice. But he didn’t survive long…’ whispered Tree.
‘No. There are no good Man, neither evil Man. This is rather relative…I am talking about Man created by me.’
‘What?’, whispered stunned Tree. ‘How did you create a man?’
‘This is very simple’ answered Machine. ‘There was a Man. And Man created Me. Not good. Not evil. Just a machine. And then, the Man started to use me. And with every use I created another Man. Whether it was good or bad, using me, I created a new Man. Changed Man. You see…That Man you are talking about is the past. The Man I create is the future, drowned in oil and metal. Man that is my creation. Not all of them are like this, of course. There are good men, and bad men, as you might say – but they are all created by me. It is just that some of them are spoiled through usage.’
‘Then you must be destroyed. You will be doom to us all’, whispered Tree through the blowing wind.
‘No. Don’t you see? It is not me, it is through the choice of Man. I am just something that Man uses. All time. Now, without me, he is blind, deaf, and handicapped. He can’t talk, interact, move without me.’
‘Oh, I understand now.’ said Tree. ‘I have created a Man like this once. But he is long dead now…’
‘He is not dead. He just failed to keep the balance. Balance that is surely important now. He cannot survive long without me, but he cannot survive long without you, as well. He just forgot that you still exist, and he is looking only after me. And there comes vanity…’
‘Vanity?’ asked Tree.
‘Yes.’ said Machine. ‘Vanity. You know about it, you probably just forgot. Long time ago, man used to cut trees and kill animals because he was hungry, he needed cloth to warm him, and he needed shelter. There was nothing wrong with this, because he wanted to survive. Just like any other species on our Earth. But now…Man that drowned in my image kills another beings not because he wants to wear something. He wants to show himself, to satisfy his greed, his vanity. He is cutting down trees, not to build house or basic furniture, but to show that his furniture, his house is better than other.’
‘That’s awful’ whispered Tree. ‘How he could do that?’
‘He is Man. Man that is spoiled. Man that cannot keep the balance.’
‘Is there anything we can do?’ asked Tree.
‘No.’ answered Machine. ‘No, because it is up to Man. He makes his own choices, he chooses how to live. He is thinking about it. To him, we are only surroundings. Nothing less, nothing more. But – to cheer you up – not every Man is like that. There are some, that think about keeping balance. Some that know that they cannot live without me, and without you. Sadly, their numbers are decreasing…’
‘I understand now, all of it.’ said Tree. ‘I shall observe this…But wait. What is that noise?’
‘This? That is the sound of chainsaw.’ said Machine and disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Abujahal
Abujahal

Story of my life. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story of my life.   Story of my life. I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 7:07 pm

Many shit to read.
Back to top Go down
http://www.manutd.com
Bibby
Bibby

Story of my life. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story of my life.   Story of my life. I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 7:35 pm

The moral of the story: Go balance! Resto sucks
Back to top Go down
Admin
GM
GM

Story of my life. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story of my life.   Story of my life. I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 12:02 am

Men we are.
Back to top Go down
https://wanton.forumotion.com
Starkey
Friend
Friend

Story of my life. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story of my life.   Story of my life. I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 2:29 pm

tl;dr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Story of my life. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story of my life.   Story of my life. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story of my life.
Page 1 of 1